Uracyst® is an effective treatment for interstitial cystitis. The active ingredient in Uracyst® is sterile sodium chondroitin sulphate. Chondroitin sulphate is a substance found naturally in the body including the Glycosaminoglycan layer of the bladder (GAG layer). This GAG layer when healthy, helps protect the highly sensitive bladder wall. Stellar Pharmaceuticals Inc. developed Uracyst® to replenish the GAG layer in interstitial cystitis patients.
Frequent Asked Questions
For additional information on Interstitial Cystitis, contact:
- The Interstitial Cystitis Network
- The Interstitial Cystitis Association
- IC and OAB Resource Centre Canada
- L’Association de la cystite interstitielle du Québec
- International Painful Bladder Foundation